Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): Empty string supplied as input in /var/www/vhosts/gabrielsangels.co.uk/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/easy-testimonials/include/lib/gp-testimonial.class.php on line 950
Gabriel’s Angels based in Wokingham a home care agency that totally lives up to their name.
We have used this company nearly four years and will always stay with them until our mum passes by. Being well overdue I feel we need to give all of these lovely “Angels” the recognition they so rightly deserve!!
The outstanding care and support they have shown our mum, and the rest of her family since she was diagnosed with Dementia back in 2015 has always been excellence with always the air of compassion delivered.
After suspecting mum had dementia back in 2014 once it was confirmed it was devastating to say the least. It was both our mums and our wish that she would under no circumstances be put in a care home.
Both my brother and I were present when our mum was assessed for her needs as she was able to self fund we had endless conversations about what home care agency to use.
With our mother it was all about testing the water to see how she got on. We decided the best way to do this was for mum to meet some of the carers, as mum headstrong, sharp tongued, critical, rude, and never wrong, a hypochondriac, and is convinced that everyone else is wrong in what they say and do. And this was before the onset of dementia – obviously now more excessive with an adding of OCD.
After meeting various carers from various agencies the one care agency that stood out from the others was the team of angels we use and have done ever since (Gabriel’s Angels).
They go way above and beyond the call of duty with everything they do – from the carers, office staff and management.
As mums dementia has progressed there have been very difficult times – in and out of hospital, adaptions to the house and a need for council funding. Just one phone call/email to Gabriel’s Angels, and the problems, get sorted with their help. Without their outstanding communication to my brother and myself, I don’t think we would be able to cope.
Below are just a few ways they show their care:
• Support mums needs and recognise the impact it will have on her care
• Communicate to one another on a daily basis if any of mums needs change
• Mum is OCD about washing and drying clothes, on daily basis carers help her sort this out and do any ironing for her.
• Mum is doubly incontinent. The carers help with her personal care in the most dignified way.
• All Mums meals and drinks are made for her. Mum forgets that she is eaten, and will argue that she hasn’t. Mum is always offered meals that are appetising and nutritious; she is also offered small and frequent amounts of other foods throughout the day. Whatever mum eats is monitored and her IBS needs are taken into consideration. Mum is at her happiest when eating.
The other area that the Angels excel in is mums care plan very detailed, updated throughout the day/evening and vital information for the rest of the family.
I would highly recommend using Gabriel’s Angels care agency if you want a company that really does CARE!