According to current evidence, it suggests that COVID-19 spreads between people through direct, indirect (through contaminated objects or surfaces), or close contact with infected people via mouth and nose secretions. These include saliva, respiratory secretions or secretion droplets, which are are released from the mouth or nose when an infected person coughs, sneezes, speaks or sings. People who are in close contact (within 1 metre) with an infected person can catch COVID-19 when those infectious droplets get into their mouth, nose or eyes.
At Gabriel’s Angels, we pride ourselves in keeping our carers, clients & their families as safe as possible. We follow strict infection control policies and all of our carers are trained in infection control. .
All of our carers are provided with full PPE (including IIR face masks and N95 respirators) to protect both themselves and our clients.
We ensure that our clients houses are kept as clean as possible, with the carers regularly disinfecting the required areas.
How can you help to reduce the spread and chance of infecting someone?
- stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone you do not live with when outside your home.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds.
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- wear a mask when you go out
- If you have symptoms (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- for someone you live with – if they have coronavirus symptoms
- If you have been asked to have a test before you go into hospital if you are having surgery
You are able to book tests, free of charge, via the NHS website. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
If you want to find out more about our services & how we could help you or a loved one.